Fryette Valvulator GP/DI Direct Recording Amplifier
It can also be used as a tube direct box, guitar amplifier, preamplifier, and all-around low-volume-playing solution.
Some of the sample settings you can dial-in are: "Luther Perkins", "Communication Breakdown", "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Highway to Hell" and "Runnin' with the Devil".
The GP/DI incorporates a true, all-tube preamp and transformer coupled One Watt tube power amplifier driving in internal reactive load.
The internal load is disabled when driving a speaker cabinet allowing you to voice the recorded performance of the GP/DI - live and simultaneously direct to desk or FOH - using your favorite speaker.
Our unique tunable Cab+Mic feature allows you to shape the internal cab tone and dial in high frequency microphone response, providing the critical mic proximity behavior not found in any IR based cabinet models. The result is a recorded sound and touch sensitivity not possible with modeling gear alone. And when you do want to utilize an external IR cab model, you can simply disable the Cab+Mic function using the front panel bypass switch. Yes, we thought of that too...
The proprietary Fryette Valvulator tube buffer/direct feature allows you to send your unprocessed pickup level guitar signal directly to your recording interface unimpeded. Or you can connect this signal path directly to the front end of any modeling product to improve the tone and dynamic performance of any modeler.
- One Watt all-tube Amplifier with integrated reactive load and speaker cabinet simulator.
- Extremely broad tonal range, from clean to high gain.
- Proprietary adjustable "Cab + Mic" section for direct recording.
- Built-in tube Direct Injection output, usable separately as a Tube Direct box , or together with the amplifier.
- Every conceivable input and output required for use in just about any situation.
- Fully functional self-contained "Re-Amping" solution.
- Powerful enough to drive a 1-12" cabinet for low volume practice and recording.