Origin Effects Cali76 Compact 1176-Style Studio-Grade FET Compressor (Cali76-C)
Origin Effects Cali76 Compact 1176-Style Studio-Grade FET Compressor
The Cali76 Compact provides direct access to your favourite vintage compression settings from the original Cali76 in a compact, easy-to-use package. A single combined Attack/Release control takes care of these often misunderstood parameters, guiding you through the most useful combinations while avoiding the less useful ones. Add in a simple high/low ratio switch and you get tons of flexibility without the complexity Ð instant gratification guaranteed!
The original Cali76 is a big, beautiful compressor pedal that delivers studio-quality 1176-style compression using discrete Class-A circuitry that's true to the topology and design philosophy of the original. Sticking to exactly the same principles, we've squeezed this exceptional compressor into a smaller stompbox package thatÕs more portable and easier to use. Not only do the simplified controls mean you can access a great range of sounds almost instantly, but the 3:1 space saving means this pedal can be housed on even the most congested of pedalboards.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the Cali76 Compact features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We've taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components. Rugged MELF resistors offer low noise performance and rock-solid reliability. Film and tantalum capacitors offer tight tolerances and superb linearity. Carefully chosen transistors biased at relatively high currents yield a distinct signal-to-noise advantage.
Please note: the Cali76 Compact is powered by a mains adaptor only. We've dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra fast ÒFETÓ response
- Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
- Combined Attack/Release control
- Dual-position Ratio switch
- Optimised for guitar but can process any source
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality Òsignal-conditioningÓ bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- PSU Spec. 42mA @ 9V / 58mA @ 18V
- Designed and built in England
Condition:These are brand new, fresh from the factory. Vision Guitar is an authorized Origin Effects dealer!