PRS Guitars DGT David Grissom Signature Guitar Black Gold 10-Top 0313171
The DGT (David Grissom Trem) is the result of more than 20 years of collaboration between Paul Smith and David Grissom. The DGT is based on the McCarty with a unique DGT neck shape, taller frets, special pickups, and a revised control layout.
Grissom and Paul spent a year A/B-ing more than forty sets of pickups before nailing the vintage-voice of DGT humbuckers. When paired with individual volume controls for each pickup and a push/pull master tone control that operates the coil taps, DGT pickups provide versatility and articulation.
“The DGT is a product a lot of miles down the road: a lot of gigs, a lot of records. It’s like picking up a vintage guitar. It sounds like a vintage guitar, and out of the box it’s ready to go. There’s a whole lot of thought gone into this. The DGT is pretty perfect to me.” – David Grissom
- Top Wood: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Finish: Black Gold Burst 10-Top
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Wire: DGT Fret Wire (Jumbo)
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: DGT
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 27/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 3/16"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 21/32"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds Upgrade
- Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking with Faux Bone Buttons
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Treble Pickup: DGT
- Bass Pickup: DGT
- Controls: Two Volume Controls with Push/Pull Tone Control and 3-Way Toggle
- Pickup Selector
- Strings: 11's with Unwound G
- Weight: 7 lbs, 9 oz
- Hard Case Included