PRS McCarty 594 Singlecut Black Gold Burst Electric Guitar
Key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
“The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting.” – John Mayer
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 28.5/32”
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4”
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16”
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood with Faux Bone Binding
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Bridge: PRS Two-Piece
- Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Controls: Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch on Upper Bout
- Strings: 10's
- Weight: 8 lbs 11 oz