Robert Keeley Oxblood Overdrive Quad Mode Adjustable Shelving + Gain
The Keeley Oxblood Overdrive is our response to everyone kloning pedals. We wanted to build a stompbox that let players blend from perfectly clean to amp-crushing roar. We wanted that impossibly huge and focused midrange that makes any guitarÉ Strat, Paul, Tele, sound incredible. We knew we could do it our way and offer you more tone. So we did.
Not only can you roll off the Drive Control down and get a perfectly clean sound, you can dial in any amount of distortion and volume to stomp an amp into pure tonal nirvana. The Keeley Oxblood offers you two ways to clip and saturate your signal with overtones by selecting carefully chosen diodes. Magical and Mythical, Monstrous and Most Satisfying they are indeed.
The key to the ultimate overdrive in our opinion is the ability to control these different parameters:
- Bass response. Phat Switch, cuts bass response to give you that classic Screamer or Klon shelving. The bass response when cut is saturated with a hint of 2nd order harmonics. Punchy and full yet not overbearing. It cuts like a buffalo, what can I say?
- Clipping. Sometimes there just ainÕt enough gain in the world. Well not with this beast. The Clipping Switch gives you the ability to sing with near infinite sustain or just stand on your amp like a chief. From Texas Rock to Bold Pretty Boy Strat Sounds that make ya wanna die.
- Tone Control. You need to be able to dial in the highs perfectly or nothing else matters right? The highs are what makes it ear candy or ice picks. Heck we give you the range to do whatever the heck you want to do.
- Volume. You have to be able to put the pedal to the metal whenever you darn well chose. Voltage doubling in our circuit gives you just that. Headroom for days. Slay an amp, leave it a bloody mess. No you wonÕt blow tubes, but you will have them at the right temperature to make them glow with delight.
- Drive. What? You want me to describe Drive? Shoot, from ÒIs it on?Ó cleans to searing sustain and saturation. It pushes you. Compels you to play. Non-stop playingÉ
- Midrange. Wait. DidnÕt I say 5? Well, the 6th sign of a wonderful overdrive pedal is whatÕs under the hood. ItÕs masterful creation of sultry mids. The kind of mids singers or cellos are known for. Throaty and powerful. Not just a woman tone, but a manly roar. Not congested and stuffed up. Focused and brilliant.