Suhr Limited 20th Anniversary Aura Single Cut Electric Guitar Tea Burst
Here is #80 of 100 of the Suhr Aura™ 20th Anniversary Single Cut Guitar. This is a special year for us here at Suhr® as we get ready to celebrate our 20th anniversary. A special year deserves a special guitar. Allow us to introduce you to Aura™.
Single cut, set neck guitars are near and dear to our hearts. John Suhr says, “I grew up playing this type of guitar. It’s been a dream of mine to make the perfect version for me; one that eliminates the niggles that always personally bugged me.”
What is the 20th Anniversary Suhr Aura™?
Limited to 100 instruments worldwide.
We wanted to do something really special to celebrate our 20th anniversary. For a period of one year after release, the Aura™ will be limited to 100 instruments worldwide.
John Suhr will be involved in construction of every guitar.
John is looking forward to directly overseeing the build process for each 20th Anniversary Aura™ guitar. John will also be getting hands-on with every guitar.
John will be personally leveling the fingerboards and doing the fretwork (from installation to crowning) on all 100 20th Anniversary Aura™ guitars.
John will also be directly involved in the guitar’s setup and final inspection.
What features will the 20th Anniversary Aura™ have?
These are things that were especially important to John as he approached the design process.
- A deep-dish carve top.
- 24.625″ scale length.
- Frets that lay over the binding.
- A headstock that promotes strength and tuning stability.
- Ergonomic body contours.
- Easy upper fret access.
- A lightweight body that isn’t chambered or weight relieved.
- Hardshell Gator case included.
- Body Wood: Okourne
- Body Color: Trans Brown
- Body Top Wood: Figured Maple
- Binding: Tinted Ivoroid.
- Finishing Material: Thin Skin Urethane Gloss
- Finish Color: Tea Burst
- Headstock: Aura
- Neck Profile: Historic C .880" - .995"
- Scale Length: 24.635" Scale Length
- Neck Joint: Long, wide tenon neck joint
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Nut Material: Unbleached Bone
- 22 Heavy Nickel Silver Frets. 10"-12" Fingerboard Radius
- Neck Wood: Mahagany
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Neck Pickup: Thornbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Thornbucker +
- 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
- Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone, Tone
- Electronics: 50's Wiring with 150 Style Capacitors & CTS Pots
- Bridge: Tone Pros NVR-2 w/ Tailpiece. Tuners: Suhr Locking
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Chrome
- Other: COA signed by John Suhr