ZVEX Effects Vexter Fat Fuzz Factory
- VOLUME: Output level.
- COMP: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also use to tune in fat feedbacky fuzz, if you're that kind. Lower the Stability and see what happens to this control.
- STABILITY: Use all the way right. Do not attempt to adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch.
- GATE: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch, if you're that kind. Turning to left opens gate.
- DRIVE: Increases distortion when used as a "normal" fuzz, and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness, if you're that kind. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right.
- GREENNESS: Yes, folks, like all Z. Vex pedals, it's as low current as possible, extending the battery life so long... 'On' current is less than 4 mA... compare to the Tube Screamer (of course an entirely different animal) at almost 40 mA. Unplug the input jack when not in use to preserve battery life.
- STAB: Use all the way right. Do not attempt to adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch. WARNING: Many "incorrect" settings on this pedal squeal. This may annoy the faint-hearted. If you use the example settings, you won't get hurt. We don't want to see anyone hurt. Don't forget to memorize or write down your favorite settings.
- POWER SUPPLY: All Z.Vex pedals use a 9V DC power supply with (_) polarity on the middle pin (typical BossTM power supply). Using the incorrect supply may damage your pedal. Obviously, you can power your pedal with a good ole 9V battery, too.