Alexander Pedals Super Neo-Matic Pedal
But those pedals weren’t made to last. As the years have passed, their fragile circuitry has begun to fail, until one day they will be only a memory. Wise grandfathers will tell the children tales of the strange black pedal from the west, and that will be the end of the story.
Or will it?
Alexander Pedals designer Matthew Farrow decided to recreate the magic using modern DSP technology and high-quality construction techniques. All the strange sounds of the original lurk within the Super Neo-Matic, along with some fun new surprises. The original pedals may be slowly fading, but your journey has just begun.
The Super Neo-Matic has two modulation types (Triangle and Random) as well as two sound modes (Vintage and Modern.)
In Triangle mode, the time delay is controlled by a wide-ranging triangle wave oscillator for traditional chorus, vibrato, and flanging textures.
Random mode controls the time delay matrix using a randomly-changing voltage, so that the signal shifts between various tones unpredictably. It’s the cure for the common chorus.
Both modulation types are available in two sound variations: Vintage uses the same 8-bit sampling as the original, while Modern runs a full 24-bit audio path. The difference in bit rate is more apparent when playing quietly. All sound modes also allow “parking” the modulation and using the pedal as an audio delay. Sweep the delay with an expression pedal or the Ramp footswitch for dramatic time warps!
Once you’ve dialed in your favorite sound settings, you can save them to one of the Super Neo-Matic’s four preset slots. Connect the pedal to a MIDI controller or your computer for access to the full complement of sixteen presets!
- Mono input
- Dual output (mix signal on tip, dry signal on ring)
- Input Impedance: 1M ohms
- Output Impedance: 560 ohms
- DC 9V only, 100mA or greater
- Requires isolated DC power supply
- 4.7” x 2.6” x 1.5” H x W x D not including knobs
- Four presets, expandable to 16 with a MIDI controller
- MultiJack enables expression pedal, foot switch, or MIDI input
- Neo Morph allows controlling all knobs from expression or MIDI
- Ramp footswitch triggers Neo Morph settings
- Vintage and Modern modes for selectable audio quality
- USB port for firmware updates and USB MIDI