Browne Amplification Protein Version 2.2 Dual Overdrive Pedal Black
The Blue Side is based on the classic OD used by the likes of John Mayer on the “Continuum” album. Dave addressed issues like the lack of output, tweaked the tone control, and experimented to find what we think is our favorite version of this type of circuit while still being true to its roots.
The Green side was inspired by the classic “Nashville” overdrive. This pedal has been used on the pedals boards of session greats from Tim Pierce to Jerry McPherson. We lowered the amount of gain (distortion) to make it usable through the entire sweep of the pedal, added some of the mids back to make it not quite so scooped, and eliminated some of the woofiness in the low end. This allows it to add some low mid “beef” back into your tone without becoming muddy.
The secret “third” channel of this pedal might be our favorite. When running the green side into the blue of this pedal, you get added gain and fullness without sacrificing note clarity or getting that “mushiness” that can happen while stacking some overdrives.
Protein Ver. 2.2
- To use with a loop switcher like the RJM Mastermind ect.
- The TRS plug on the input is going to act as the loop for the green side.
- The TRS plug on the output is going to act as the loop for the blue side.
- Tip is the input/send from your Loop
- Ring is the output/return to your Loop.
- There are two dip switches inside the pedal that need to be flipped down to the “split” position to use it this way. Remove the four screws from the back panel and flip the switches to the down position.