David Allen Bazooka Overdrive Pedal
The Bazooka is a medium gain overdrive with very responsive dynamics and brown face fender type sag and midrange while pushing into Marshall territory. The gain structure is chewy with a great tube rectifier sag. It pushes not just the mids but the highs and lows as well so it has a wide tonal influence that gives you smooth buttery mids without loss of the highs.
The three way load switch in the middle most position will have the OD at its brightest setting, as you move right or left you will add more mids and lows but keep the highs intact. The Middle or Normal setting is like a 1x12; the Left, or Fat position it's like switching to a 2x12 ; the Right, or what we call the Lard position is like a closed back 4x12. You can feel the low end push on the Left setting. The Right position will add even more mids and lows great for Slide, Blues.
We are proud to have this pedal on the tour boards of:
- Kip Moore (Kip Moore Band)
- Adam Browder (Kip Moore Band) The bazooka is the most versatile overdrive on my board. It's got a diverse tonal range that's easy to dial in and sits perfectly in front of any amp."
- Adam Shoenfeld (Session Guitarist Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, on tour with Tim McGraw) Usually when I plug in a new distortion pedal on a recording session I end up turning it off within the first song and going back to what I'm used to. This was not the case with my David Allen Bazooka. This thing is so awesome. I was working on the new Jason Aldean record and used the BAZOOKA OD for 3 songs straight. It's everything I love. From low gain amp style overdrive that isn't painful (no brittle top end) to beautiful soaring lead tone that I usually accomplish with a combination of things. Not to mention all out Malcom Young style crunchy in your face rhythm tone! In my opinion, this is truly one of the best pedals to come out in the last several years. It's got it all!! Thanks David Allen for kicking major ass!
- Jason Jordan (Guitarist for Love and Theft) The DAllen Bazooka is an outstanding smooth overdrive! It's even a wonderful clean boost! It is very rare for one pedal to cover so much ground, yet the Bazooka nails everything!
- Andy Andersson (guitarist for FUEL) "A Must have pedal!!!