Disaster Area Designs DMC-8 Gen3 MIDI Foot Controller
Disaster Area Designs DMC-8 Gen3 MIDI Foot ControllerÊ Ê Ê Ê
The DMC-8 Gen3 is our most powerful next generation compact MIDI controller. The DMC-8D was the biggest, baddest Gen2 controller from Disaster Area, and it really pushed the boundaries by adding additional presets, control modes, device support, and connectivity. We first offered the DMC-8D way back in 2013, and now the time has come for us to give it the Gen3 treatment.
If you have one MIDI device, the DMC-8 Gen3 can simplify selecting programs, send it expression or tap tempo, or even keep it locked in to a MIDI clock. We can also control the loop recorder / looper on several popular devices such as the Strymon Timeline, Eventide H9, and Line 6 M9 / M13. Unlike the DMC-3XL and DMC-4 Gen3, the looper mode doesnÕt occupy one of the device slots, so you can still get full control even with the looper mode enabled.
As helpful as the DMC-8 Gen3 is for single device users, it really shines when used with multiple pedals. Instead of scrolling around on each device to select a program for your next song, the DMC can send simultaneous commands to all of your pedals to select the exact patches you want with a single tap! Using our Preset Mode, changing sounds on all of your MIDI pedals is as easy as changing the channel on your TV remote. The DMC-8 Gen3 can control up to six separate devices.
If you want to change your non-MIDI pedals along with your presets, you can add in one of our DPC-8EZ switching systems. The DMC-8 Gen3 will seamlessly control the DPC-8EZ, so that one tap will reconfigure your entire pedalboard in milliseconds.
And by adding our new Clock Mode, weÕve taken pedalboard control to a new level! You can select your tempo by BPM, or tap in a new tempo any time. The DMC-8 Gen3 allows for a global tempo that you can tap in at any time, or preset tempos that change along with your MIDI programs. You can even configure the MultiJack to send taps to your non-MIDI devices with tap tempo inputs.
- Sturdy cast aluminum enclosure
- Enclosure Dimensions 10_ x 2.5_ x 2.0_
- Soft-touch footswitches
- Blue LED display with 10 brightness levels
- 5-pin MIDI port, doubles as MIDI input using the Disaster Area MIDI Y-Cable
- 9vDC power jack, 80mA max (up to 500mA if powering a USB device as host)
- USB port with USB-MIDI functionality or optional USB Host compatibility
- 1/4_ jack for expression pedal or tap tempo switch
- MultiJacks function as expression pedal input, tap tempo input, tap tempo output, or MIDI output with Disaster Area TRS to MIDI Adaptor Cable, control an Empress or Chase Bliss device with the appropriate cable.
- Optional side roller assignable to expression or looper level, or user-defined MIDI CC message
Condition:This unit is brand new. Vision Guitar is an authorized Disaster Area Designs dealer so full warranty applies.