Emerson Custom 3-Way Esquire Prewired Kit
The 1st Position (Volume Only) is great for a straight up base tone.
Switch to the 2nd position (Standard Volume & Tone) and dial in the tone knob to your liking, giving you enough difference between the 1st positions bypassed tone signal and the 3rd positions fixed capacitor tone.
The 3rd position (Volume & Fixed Capacitor) features a 0.0047uf Paper In Oil capacitor that gives a fixed rolled off tone (Eldred Mod) that is independent of the tone pot. Great for a darker, but still useable tone.
Wired with 22 AWG vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life. If you are installing this on an import guitar with metric sized pots you may need to ream your control plate holes to accept the slightly larger US-Spec pots and buy US-Spec knobs.
- Handwired in the USA
- (2) Emerson PRO CTS Solid Shaft w/.375" (3/8") Shaft Length
- (1) Oak Grigsby 3-Way Switch
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack
- (1) 0.047uf Emerson Paper in Oil Capacitor (for Normal Tone, Postion #2)
- (1) 0.0047uf Paper In Oil Capacitor (for Fixed Tone, Postion #3)
- (1) Volume Mod
- Wiring Diagram
- Switch Position 1: Volume Only (Tone Pot out of Circuit)
- Switch Position 2:Standard Volume & Tone (Dial in your Tone pot to your exact liking)
- Switch Position 3:Volume & Fixed 0.0047uf Capacitor for a nice rolled off tone (Tone Pot of Circuit)
- Note: BUILT & SPACED FOR USE ON STANDARD FENDER STYLE TELE CONTROL PLATES. CENTER TO CENTER OF VOLUME AND TONE POTS IS 2.50 INCHES**