Fairfield Circuitry Roger That FM Modulator Demodulator
Like turning the dial on your receiver, the TUNE parameter sweeps through a wide variety of sounds. From subtle artifacts, to extreme textures, noise and distortion. Summmed with CV at T input.
Shifts the accuracy of tracking the incoming modulated signal. Sometimes acts as a filter. Highly dependent on TUNE.
Controls the input level, from clean to dirty. Pushing the DRIVE control generates extreme non-linearities from the modulator/demodulator circuit. Affects both the wet and dry signals.
Amount of wet signal at the output.
Amount of dry signal at the output.
R: Preset range of the TUNE parameter:
1 - normal
2 - extended
F: Apply voice filter ~(300Hz-3kHz) to wet signal:
0 - filter off
1 - filter on
CONNECTIONS: IN: 1/4" Instrument input
OUT: 1/4" Output
T:1/8" CV input for TUNE
9V: 2.1mm 9VDC centre-negative tip, >30 mA
NOTES ON INTERACTIVITY:
- The TUNE, SHIFT, DRIVE and RANGE controls are highly interactive.
- The higher the DRIVE, the more artifacts will be generated.
- TUNE is probably the widest, most non-linear, finest control ever included in our products. Micro adjustments here will drastically change the result of the demodulation.
- TUNE and SHIFT are mutually dependant, almost like they are the same control. By tweaking both, it almost seems like there is endless varieties of sounds.
- The RANGE switch shifts the whole palette of possibilities.
- Wet signal path is intentionally out of phase allowing for special interactivity between WET, DRY and FILTER.
- If the original signal is still present on the wet side, adding dry signal will cancel it out leaving only the distortionartifacts.
- If voice filter is activated in these same conditions, the result is a kind of mid-scoop instead of the usual bandpass.
FEATURES AND USES:
- JFET pre-amp
- CV on TUNE
- RFI/EMI approximator
- FM/AM radio quality reducer
- Volatile and unpredictable distortion •noise, pop, crackle and squeal generator
- Impress your friends
- True bypass
- Dimensions 4.7" x 3.8" x 1.9"
- Input impedance 1MΩ
- Output impedance 1kΩ
- Power supply 9 - 9.6VDC
- Current draw 30mA @ 9.6VDC