Free The Tone PHV-1 Phase Inverter
It is very important to create an environment in which you can manipulate the signal phase. By controlling whether a signal is in-phase or out-of-phase, your sound making palette becomes richer and broader. For example, many wah-wah pedals, compressors, boosters, etc. with conventional circuits have outputs whose signal phase is inverted and these products use the out-of-phase characteristics in their sound making. On the other hand you sometimes can get better results by flipping this out-of-phase output to in-phase. Since there is always a phase interference when sounds overlap each other, it is important to test whether being in-phase or out-of-phase can yield a better result.
If you know that an out-of-phase signal is one of the causes for diminishing your instrument sound, the possibility of solving this problem would be increased by using the PHV-1. Especially for bassists who play with a kick drum sound as their reference, the phase difference due to combination of effects units can be the cause of stress in playing. By combining the PHV-1 with your existing effects unit this problem can be solved.
- 3 x 1/4-inch standard phone jacks (IN, OUT,REMOTE), DC9V input jack (for connecting AC adaptor)
- Controls: INVERTER ON/OFF switch, INPUT Z select switch (Hi-Z: 1MΩ, Lo-Z: 300kΩ)
- Power supply: 9-VDC AC adaptor (not included)
- Consumption current approx. 60 mA
- Dimensions: 93.5 (W) x 54 (D) x 35.5 (H) mm (excl.protrusions protrusion such as knobs, switches, etc.)