Fulltone Custom Shop Tube Tape Echo CS-TTE
They all rely on the Fulltone TTE for part of their sound.
Fulltone Tape echoes are the best sounding and feeling echo devices you will ever play through, and if you buy one I bet that you will own it for the rest of your life. It's not easy or cheap hand-building Tape Echoes in the USA, in California, none the less. It is an intense labor of love and a source of pride because honestly no one else can do it but me...or they would.
The Fulltone TubeTapeEcho is quite literally what would happen if you took a vintage EP-2 Echoplex:
- ran the preamp at over 200 volts
- put better heads on it
- improved the tape transport
- gave it 2 tape speeds
- put better quality tape on it
- installed an intelligent torque (and speed) adjusting DC powered transport motor
- got rid of the hum by running the filaments on 12VDC
- made it stereo
- gave it true bypass
- got rid of the Ep-2's sound-robbing Echo Cancel feature and replaced it with a relay-activated cancel function allowing for any cable length to the footswitch with no degradation to the sound of the repeats
- gave it a separate Instrument and Echo volume control and put a tone control on it affecting only the repeats
PLEASE NOTE! There are no returns on the TTE, sales are final on these units.