Gretsch G6122T-62 Vintage Select '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body
Made famous by The Beatles’ George Harrison, the 1962 Country Gentleman is the sound of rock ‘n’ roll. The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones® Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F Holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top with simulated F Holes, gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Double Cutaway
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman®
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Binding: Aged White/Black/White
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Body Depth: 2" (51 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style Small
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: FT/FT
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Ebony Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Included Accessories: Included: 099-6413-000 Deluxe Case - G6242L - 17" Hollow Body Models
Condition: This unit is brand new fresh from the factory. Vision Guitar is an authorized Gretsch dealer!