Gretsch G6136T-AZM-LTD Limited Edition Falcon with Bigsby in Azure Metallic
The goal of the Players Edition design was to create the ultimate working guitarists Gretsch that delivers classic tone and style while at the same time offering modern features to increase convenience and ergonomics. Gretsch has absolutely delivered and has set a new standard in modern arch top design. All Players Edition models feature the tried and true High Sensitive Filter'Tron pickups in the neck & bridge position. These pickups are true the original Filter’Tron design offering a huge variety of tones from clean and jazzy, to punchy twang. They handle high gain settings with style and work well with all varieties of distortion and overdrive pedals. H.S. Filter’Trons are known for their highly dynamic sound with robust and punchy lows, smooth and subdued midrange and articulated shimmering high frequencies.
The Players Edition guitars also feature the modern “ML” bracing concept from Gretsch. The “ML” Bracing is a bit like the classic ’59 Trestle bracing but with a lower mass and more minimal design. The result of this is a guitar that has the sustain and feedback rejection characteristics of Trestle bracing, but with a livelier resonance lighter weight overall. Essentially, you get big hollow body tones with thinner body design without all the feedback common with a conventional hollow body design. The neck used on the Players Series is medium profile “U” shape with a 12” fretboard radius and medium jumbo frets. It’s a very comfortable neck with a great feel offering effortless playability.
Another standard found on the Players series is a “treble bleed” circuit on the master volume control. This means the guitar retains the tone and presence when the volume is rolled off. With Gretsch guitars that feature traditional wiring, you’ll find a bit of tone roll-off when using the master volume control. Not so with the new Players Editions, the tone stays bright and true wherever the volume is set. The Players Edition hollow body models feature a host of other “player centric” features including a thinner 2.25” body, Shaller brand locking tuners & strap locks, pinned “rocking” bar bridge, reinforced output jack, GraphTech Tusq XL nut and No-Load tone pot. Restringing is also modernized and made much easier with the new String-Thru Bigsby design.
The Players Edition represents a new era for Gretsch and they have once again set the bar for archtop electric guitar building! This is a brand new guitar that ships with the Gretsch Limited Lifetime Warranty, all factory documentation and a full setup by our professional luthiers.
- Model Name: G6136T Limited Edition Falcon with String-Thru Bigsby, Azure Metallic
- Model Number: 2401431851
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Azure Metallic
- Body: 3-ply Maple
- Body Shape: Falcon
- Bracing: ML Bracing
- Body Binding: Gold Sparkle with W/B/W/B Purfling
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Gold Sparkle w/ B/W Pufling
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" (43 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Headstock: "V" Shaped with Vertical Winged Sparkle Gretsch Logo
- Neck Plate: NA
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Ebony Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover Imperial Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi w/ Gold Gretsch Logo and Falcon Graphic
- Control Knobs: Jeweled "G"-Arrow
- Orientation: Right-Hand
Please Note: This is a brand new guitar, but NOS. It was just located behind some other stock and now being sold. Full factory warranty applies. The year of make is 2017-2018. The regular MAP selling price is $3999, discounting it $400 since its NOS.