Keeley Limited Edition Oxblood Germanium Overdrive
Oh, and these are 100% hand built. The craftsmen and designers at Keeley wanted this to be our finest and loudest moment, so we made it in the “Thunder” color scheme. AND, this is the first run of cases we powder coated in-house! A first for Keeley that we are very proud of!
The Oxblood Germanium Overdrive is our response to everyone cloning the “Mythical Beast” pedal. We decided to build an original design. We wanted to build a new circuit that lets players blend from perfectly clean to amp-crushing roar. We wanted that impossibly huge and focused midrange that makes any guitar–Strat, Paul, Tele–sound incredible. We knew we could do it our way and offer you more tone. So we designed this pedal over the course of a few days to outdo the old pedal. I am confident we not only drew blood, we crafted a #killer.
Clean, Distortion, Fuzz — It’s All There
With the Oxblood Germanium Overdrive you roll off the Drive Control and get a perfectly clean sound; you can dial in any amount of distortion and volume to stomp an amp into pure tonal Nirvana. The Keeley Oxblood Germanium Overdrive offers you two ways to clip and saturate your signal with overtones by selecting carefully chosen diodes. These are different than the standard Oxblood. These diodes were chosen to give you bigger, more open amp tones without a lot of compression.
The key to the ultimate overdrive, in our opinion, is the ability to control five different parameters.
- Bass response. The Phat Switch cuts bass response to give you that classic Screamer or that mythic, K-like midrange shelving. The bass response, when cut, is saturated with a hint of 2nd order harmonics. Punchy and full yet not overbearing, it cuts like a buffalo. What can I say?
- Clipping. Sometimes there just ain’t enough gain in the world. Well, not so with this beast. The Clipping Switch gives you the ability to sing with near infinite sustain or just stand on your amp like a chief. You get honest amp tones with just the right amount of germanium transistor to smooth things over.
- Tone Control. You need to be able to dial in the highs perfectly or nothing else matters, right? The highs are what make it ear candy or ice picks. Heck, we give you the range to do whatever the heck you want to do. And that’s a two-heck sentence.
- Volume. You have to be able to put the pedal to the metal whenever you darn well chose. Voltage doubling in our circuit gives you just that. Headroom for days. Slay an amp, leave it a bloody mess. No, you won’t blow tubes, but you will have them at the right temperature to make them glow with delight.
- Drive. What? You want me to describe Drive? Shoot, from “Is it ON?” cleans to searing sustain and saturation. It pushes you. Compels you to play. Non-stop playing.
- Midrange. Wait. Didn’t I say 5? Well, the 6th sign of a wonderful overdrive pedal is what’s under the hood. It’s masterful creation of sultry mids. The kind of mids singers or cellos are known for. Throaty and powerful. Not just a woman tone, but a manly roar. Not congested and stuffed up. Focused and brilliant.