Mojotone '67 Quiet Coil Strat Pickup Set S367Q374-S-PC
Our approach was very simple, to make a hum-cancelling strat pickup that looks and sounds like a real single coil with minimal parts and adhering to actual vintage single coil attributes. Aside from the parts and materials used, we also matched the resonant peak frequency, and inductance of a vintage single coil, so they sit right in the frequency response and feel of a traditional single coil, without having to compensate for it. ‘67 “Quiet Coil™” strat pickups are passive and only use the same parts and materials found in original vintage '67 strat pickups. Vintage spec 42 gauge Plain Enamel coil wire, lower Gauss Alnico magnets, grey bottom fiberboard bobbins, and vintage cloth covered leads.
No PC boards, batteries, stacked coils, or anything else associated with other hum-canceling pickups were used in our design. The result is simply the most pure and authentic strat tone possible, with absolutely no loss of true single coil tone. They are sonically clear and warm, with every bit of single coil sparkle and chime, just like true 1967 strat pickups.
NOTE: With all Mojotone “Quiet Coil™” pickups, you never have to worry about string spacing and radius issues, or the magnets pulling the strings out of tune, and you can bend the strings heavily without ever losing focus or sustain. All of this while achieving perfect single coil strat tone and absolutely no hum!
Quiet Coil Design Features:
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage strat pickup.
- Vintage cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering.
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil.
- Vintage staggered polepieces for a traditional strat pickup look.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage strat pickup, they are SIMPLE!
- Neck & Middle: 5.6K
- Bridge: 5.8K
- Magnet: Alnico 5