Origin Effects RD Compact Revival Drive Hot Rod Overdrive
and more aggression.
The RD Compact Hot Rod recreates the entire signal path of a classic, modified valve amp using all-analogue transistor circuitry, right down to the push-pull output stage and specially designed power supply which introduces just the right amount of “sag”. This super-realistic pedal not only replicates the
sounds but also the dynamics and feel of coveted hot-rodded amps.
- Unabridged valve amp-style signal path recreated in all-analogue electronics
- Class-A preamp stage with realistic, “hot-rodded” amp gain-staging
- Full control of tone, dynamic response and distortion characteristics
- Wide gain range, from clean to full-on saturation
- Powerful Post-Drive EQ tailors the pedal’s voicing to suit any amp
- Premium components throughout
- Designed and built in England
- GAIN: Like the Volume knob on a non-master volume amp – increasing the GAIN will gradually increase
- overdrive in the emulated amp circuit.
- OUTPUT: Simply an output level control – this will not affect the tone or overdrive of the pedal.
- MORE/PRES: Alters negative feedback in the emulated amp circuit, affecting not only the presence and
- brightness but also the transition into overdrive.
- HIGHS: Adjusts the Treble and Mids in the emulated amp circuit. This will affect the tone and the
- character of the overdrive. Fully counterclockwise, this control emulates the sound of a Marshall with its
- tone controls set flat. Sweeping to 12 o’clock gives you a cranked, hot-rodded Plexi, through to a
- cranked Fender-style tone with the HIGHS knob fully clockwise.
- LOWS: Adjusts the Bass in the emulated amp circuit. This will affect the tone and character of the
- overdrive. High settings will result in a thick, raspy overdrive tone with a more vintage character. Low
- settings will be tight and defined, like a classic hot-rodded Plexi.
- BLEND: Turning the control counter-clockwise from maximum will begin to introduce some of your clean
- guitar signal. As highly overdriven sounds don’t blend too well with clean tones, the BLEND control also
- reduces gain in the pedal as the clean signal is blended in.
- POST-DRIVE EQ: This innovative output filter tailors the sound of the RD Compact Hot Rod to suit any
- amp. Choose from three filter settings, then fine tune to exactly match your rig with the Adjust control.
The RD Compact Hot Rod has a high impedance input and its output level will suit typical amp inputs, power amp inputs and line inputs. Power using a 9VDC 2.1mm centre-negative adaptor delivering at least 100mA. Voltage rails are increased internally for high headroom.