Providence DLY-4 Chrono Delay
Most modern digital delay units include a tap delay function, but many do not accurately translate the tapped tempo into delay time. Furthermore, the direct sound is often converted to digital format, resulting in some latency and a sound that is not truly "direct." Not only does the DLY-4 CHRONO DELAY provide precise tap-to-delay setting, but it can memorize two separate delay times as well. The direct signal stays in the analog domain from input to output, passing through the acclaimed Providence VITALIZER® circuit so that no signal degradation occurs, and a high-performance mixer circuit where it is combined with the delay signal.
After the precision delay signal is converted back to analog format it is processed via analog ECHO HARDNESS, FEED BACK, and MIX controls for a totally natural blend with the direct signal. The net result is a high-resolution delay effect that has extraordinary depth. In addition to refined sound, the DLY-4 CHRONO DELAY features a simple interface that allows fast, intuitive control.
Chrono Delay Features:
- DELAY: Delay time is adjustable from 1 to 2700 milliseconds. The current delay time is accurately shown on the 4-digit 7-segment LED display
- SWITCHABLE DISPLAY MODES: Delay time can be displayed in milliseconds (mSec) or beats per minute (BPM). the BPM display is not simply a "rough estimate." BPM delay times are as displayed with metronome accuracy.
- TAP TEMPO: The delay time is precisely set according to the tempo tapped on the TPA switch. A/B PRESET MEMORY: The A/B preset memory allows two different delay times settings to be memorized and recalled via the footswitch as needed.
- BEAT SPLIT: With the specified delay time as a quarter-note reference, seven delay time variations ranging from half-notes to eight-note triplets can be directly selected via the BEAT SPLIT knob. Rhythm-based delay time settings that previously required tedious calculations can now be made in an instant.
- ANALOG CIRCUITRY Featuring the VITALIZER®: Bothe the VITALIZER® that prevents degradation of the direct signal and the mixer that combines the direct signal with the delay signal are analog circuits that have been designed and built to the highest possible sonic standards.
- EXTERNAL TAP INPUT: A momentary ( non-latching ) type footswitch can be connected to the EXT.TAP jack to allow remote tap delay operation. When this function is used the A/B - TAP footswitch on the CHRONO DELAY unit is dedicated to A/B preset switching, so that tap delay and A/B preset switching operation are simultaneously available via separate footswitches.
- POWER SUPPLY: Use only the supplied AC power adapter to power this device: - PAP-712DCJ for North America and Japan. - PAP-712DCE for Europe. INPUT: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto select) OUTPUT: 12VDC, 0.5A, to DLY-4