PRS John Mayer Signature SE Silver Sky Summit Purple J2M7J
While the 22 frets and 25.5" scale length of the SE mirror those of its predecessor, its fretboard radius, 8.5", is a departure from the US-built Silver Sky's 7.25".
The SE Silver Sky is armed with a trio of 635JM "S" pickups, fit-for-the-SE-line versions of the pickups Mayer and Paul Reed Smith painstakingly developed for the guitar. With a single volume and two tone knobs, plus a five-way blade switch, the control department remains the same as well.
Other similarities to the original Silver Sky include nickel hardware, the onboard PRS steel tremolo and vintage-style tuners (non-locking on the SE, locking on its predecessor).
- Body Construction: Solidbody
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Top Carve: Flat Top
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Construction: Multi-Ply
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: 635JM
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 53/64"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 20/32"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 7/32"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 8.5”
- Fretboard Inlay: Small Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature "SE", Decal
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Bolt-On
- Bridge: 2-Point Steel Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Treble Pickup: 635JM “S”
- Middle Pickup: 635JM “S”
- Bass Pickup: 635JM “S”
- Controls: Volume and Two Tone Controls with 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Strings: PRS Classic 10-46
- Tuning: Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E
- Case: Gigbag