Retro-Sonic Analog BBD Flanger Pedal
The Retro-Sonic Flanger provides the distinctive liquidy character and chorusy flanging of the late seventies “18v Electric Mistress”. Using an analog BBD path as the original unit, it recreates the classic EM tones made popular by Pink Floyds David Gilmour and Andy Summers of the The Police. These early original versions are known for being very noisy (even when they were switched off) and they had a nasty volume drop when engaged. These issues have been corrected in this modernized version of the pedal. The Retro-Sonic Flanger is capable of a wide range of sounds from chorusing to vibrato, to classic sweeping flange effects. The circuited is designed to emulate the wide sweep of the original and runs optimally at 18v just like the original V2.
- Flanger effect selectable by footswitch control
- Overall Level control to adjust perfect unity gain ( no volume drop)
- Heavy duty foot switch for True By-Pass switching
- On/Off LED to check effect status.
- Powered by 12-18VDC adapter (not-included)
- Analog BBD delay path (3207 device)
- Rate: Adjusts the speed of the flanger modulation
- Range: Controls the depth of effect applied to the incoming signal.
- Color: Controls the amount of feedback signal applied.
- Level: Controls the overall output volume of the effect..
- Filter Switch: Turns the LFO sweep on or off (as the original EM does)
- Normal/Effect Switch: Stepping on the switch turns the effect on and off
- Normal/Effect LED: The LED lights on when the effect is on and lights off when the effect is bypassed.
- Input: Input jack to connect the output of the guitar or other effect pedal.
- Output: Output jack to connect to input of amplifier.
- 12-18VDC: Jack to connect 12-18VDC center negative pin power.
- Current Draw: 23ma