Roland Fantom 8 Workstation Synthesizer Keyboard 88-Keys
At every turn, FANTOM fulfills the need to create. Its smooth, rapid workflow has no confusing modes, frustrating technical limits, or trade-offs with sound quality. FANTOM’s creative process reflects how today’s musicians work, with fluid composition tools, instantly recallable creative environments, and deep computer integration.
FANTOM’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine multiple synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds—and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
After sound quality, what’s more important than playability? The way an instrument feels under your fingers, and how it helps you express yourself, is vital. FANTOM focuses on the experience of playing, from its immersive keyboard action to its arsenal of performance controls.
FANTOM is a complete musical composition platform that excels at fast creation and fluid arrangement. You have RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with touchscreen piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. Use any or all, whenever you want.
While FANTOM is powerful by itself, its powers grow exponentially when connected to other gear like computers or analog synthesizers. FANTOM can control software synthesizers directly from the touchscreen, drive modular and analog synthesizers from its dual CV/Gate outputs, and is also a high-quality audio interface capable of 16 stereo outputs and 3 stereo inputs.
A clean and intuitive layout, premium materials, and our best-ever keyboard action. The result? An instrument that begs to be played.
88 Keys (PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, channel aftertouch)
- V-Piano Technology
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic
- * ZEN-Core Tones can import and export.
- EXZ Series
- EXSN Series
- * The expansion are rewritable internal sound generator memory.
- You can download data from the Roland Cloud and write it via a USB flash drive into the FANTOM's internal memory.
Parts: 16 Zones (Internal + External)
Scenes: 128 Scenes x 4 Bank (The Scenes can import and export)
- Over 3,500 Tones
- Over 90 Drum kits
- 16 parts (16 zones / 16 scenes).
- * Tone Remain does not apply to V-Piano Technology sounds.
- Favorite: Rating System: 4 Steps (0-3)
- Tone Search / Scene Search: Raiting, Character
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Analog Filter
- Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass
- Drive: Amp
- Band: 32
- Type: Mono, Stereo
- Preset Setting: 10
- User Setting: 20
- Chain: 16 Scenes x 32 Pages (Total 512 Scenes) per 1 Chain set
- Set: 100
- MIDI Tracks: 16 (Internal/External)
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length: 32 measures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Editing Method: Piano roll edit (Touch Edit support)
- Song: 1 (per Scene)
- File format: Original, SMF export/import supported
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Smapling Time: The maximum is 60 minutes (the equivalent of approximately 660 MB). * A total of approximately 2 GB can be saved (including imported WAV files)
- Rhythm Pattern: Yes
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Chord Memory: Yes
- Motional Pad: Yes
- PAD Mode: Sample Pad, Note Pad, Partial Sw/Sel, DAW Control, Zone Mute, Zone Solo, Kbd Sw Group, Rhythm Pattern, Pattern, Variation Play
- AIRA LINK: Yes
- * When connect to MX-1
- CV/Gate Control
- 2 x CV/Gate or 3 x CV/1 x Gate
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever (*)
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2 (*)
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11 (*)
- 4 x 4 Pad
- * 1024 step editing support
- It can be use with Cutoff, Resonance, Attack , Decay , Sustain , Release , Amp , FX Depth.
Display: Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks(1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- FOOT PEDAL JackS(HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3) (*1)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU) (*2)
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO: Max 24bit/96KHz 3 Sereo Output, 16 Stereo Input /
- 3 Port support)
- 3 x External Device Port: A Roland A-49 or an A-PRO series MIDI Controller can be connected. (*3)
- *1: 1024 Step value support
- *2: High-resolution velocity data output support
- *3: Operation is not guaranteed if a generic MIDI device is connected.
External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
Power Supply: AC 117–240V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption: 50 W
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Expandable sound engine delivers authentic electronic and acoustic sounds
- Fresh hybrid sounds combining modern PCM, virtual analog, and a routable analog filter
- V-Piano technology for stunning realism and expression
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers, plus effects and patterns
- Deep integration with DAWs and softsynths and 16x3 stereo audio interface
- Multitrack clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer as found on classic Roland drum machines
- High-resolution controls with dedicated synth control section
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- All new 61-note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch