TWA HS-02 Hot Sake Distortion Overdrive Pedal
A classic Low-Boost/Hi-Boost Tone control lays down Hot Saké™’s overall sonic palette, while a dedicated Mids knob allows for precise sculpting of the pedal’s tonal flavor. The dedicated Low Boost switch with selectable frequency center adds an incredible kick that turns Hot Sake™ into a Sake Bomb, creating super-thick yet articulate, chest-thumping modern crunch.
Imagine tones ranging from smooth, 808-style drives with no mid-hump to chunky, Muff-like fuzz with dynamics & clarity, and you’ll have an inkling of just what this little black box can do.
Hot Saké™’s 180-proof Level control provides an unprecedented degree of boost that can burn through the loudest of bands. Crank it up to elicit scorching harmonic feedback even at room-level amp volumes. The perfectly-tuned Drive control offers up distinctly amp-like tones, covering a broad spectrum of saturated sounds from slight tube break-up to complete amp break-down. Incredibly dynamic, rolling back your Guitar’s volume will adjust Hot Saké™’s temperature to taste, covering every flavor of dirt from BB King Smoothness to Sonic Youth sludge.
All this muscle is kept tight & quiet by an audiophile-quality TLO72 op-amp that retains note clarity and definition at any control setting. If other drives have left you thirsting for more, pour yourself a cup of Hot Saké™ and let the good times Rock & Roll – Kanpei!!!
- DRIVE – Controls the amount of gain/drive/distortion. Turn clockwise for more saturation.
- LEVEL – Controls output volume when the pedal is engaged. Turn clockwise to increase volume.
- TONE – A classic Low Boost/Hi Boost tone control. Turn CCW for more Lows, turn CW for more Highs.
- MIDS – Variable midrange boost acts independently of the TONE control. Turn clockwise for more midrange boost.
- LB SWITCH – Switches between standard setting and setting with increased low-end response. Set switch to “UP” position for low-boost.
- L1 / L2 SWITCH – Selects between two different filter caps for Low Boost circuit. The difference is subtle, but allows fine-tuning of the LB circuit to match your rig & tonal tastes.