Van Zandt Custom Hot Bridge Vintage Plus Strat Pickup Set RW/RP Middle
W.L. then started making a few pickups and when players heard the sound of Van Zandt's hand wound home made pickups, they wanted a set also. Being a perfectionist every detail had to be perfect from the wire, and magnets, down to the soldering, he would not sacrifice quality just to produce more pickups. He once bought a winder that would produce 6 pickups at a time, but he was not satisfied with the quality. That time saving winder was soon under a tarp in the corner of his workshop. The tradition and the legacy continues with Van Zandt pickups.
- Custom Wound Hotter Bridge approximately 8k ohms
- Can do Blues to Hard Rock with the hotter bridge, yet still get warm and spanky neck and middle sounds. Bridge is overwound to be more compressed and bring a fatter sounding bridge.
- Neck & Middle Resistance approximately 6.2k ohms
- Middle pickup is "reverse wound" and "reverse polarity" for hum cancelling options
- Built to capture the 60's strat sounds with a slightly hotter bridge
- Good all around sound with highs, mids, and lows
- Excellent for American Standard replacement
- Good for Country, Blues, Jazz, and even Hard Rock