Walrus Audio Fundamental Series Distortion Pedal
For the Fundamental Series, we challenged ourselves to design a set of pedals with the tonal integrity that’s required to live on a professional’s pedalboard, but with simplified controls friendly enough for even the newest effect pedal users. Each Fundamental pedal has three faders for tweaking the sound and a three-way switch for changing pedal modes. The result is a line of pedals that will keep you covered from your first band practice all the way to a sold-out arena. Designed and assembled at Walrus Audio headquarters in OKC, OK.
The Fundamental Distortion is a three-mode distortion. It covers a wide range of sounds from dark and doom through sharp cutting leads.
- Gain – The Gain slider sets the amount of gain applied to your guitar signal passing through the distortion circuit.
- Tone – The Tone slider controls the signal's frequency response after distortion. Left of center cuts highs and right of center boosts highs.
- Volume – The Volume slider sets the overall output volume of the pedal.
Slide Switch – The slide switch allows you to change between three distinct flavors of the pedal. Each position has different clipping modes or tone profiles.
- Dark - Asymmetric silicon clipping with an added high-frequency cut. Think dark and dynamic.
- Si - Classic silicon hard clipping diodes. Things get compressed and crunchy.
- LED - LED hard clipping diodes. A dynamic and crunchy sound.
- Note: The LED clipping mode will be louder due to the nature of the LEDs, so use your volume slider to compensate!