Walrus Audio Julianna Deluxe Chorus Vibrato Pedal
The Julianna contains all of the sounds and controls that the Julia has but adds these deluxe features:
- Tap Tempo Control: Set the rate of the LFO with the Rate knob or the tap tempo switch.
- Stereo In/Out Jacks: Run mono in/mono out, mono in/stereo out, stereo in/stereo out.
- Momentary Secondary LFO Speed: Ramp up or slow down to a second LFO rate. See manual for details.
- Drift Function: Gently speed up and slow down the LFO rate. Kinda like having a little robot inside your pedal moving the Rate knob up and down. See manual for details. You'll like this one.
- Random LFO Shape: In addition to sine and triangle, Julianna adds a random wave shape option to modulate the pitch of your signal.
- Tap Division: Select quarter note, quarter note triplet or eighth note multiplier to scale a tapped in tempo.
- Expression Control: Control Depth, Rate or both with an expression pedal.
- External Tap In.
Unlike most other chorus pedals, the Julianna and Julia have a special feature called Lag control. The Lag knob lets you set the center delay time that the LFO modulates. From smooth and tight modulation at lower settings, to a warbling detune at maximum, the Lag knob adds a new dimension to the traditional chorus/vibrato landscape.
The DCV knob sets the ratio of dry to wet signal through the mono channel of the Julianna. Traditional mono chorus sounds can be heard with the knob set around noon. Pitch vibrato is found in the full clockwise position. The ground in between offers unique blends of chorus and vibrato not commonly found on other chorus pedals.
When both outputs are connected, set the DCV knob to full counterclockwise to send your dry signal to the mono output and vibrato signal to the stereo output for a traditional stereo chorus sound. Explore other variations by turning the DCV knob up slightly to add some vibrato signal to the dry output changing the stereo image.