ZVEX Distortron - Distortion & Overdrive Pedal Cranked JTM45 Tone
The Distortron™ is the gifted little sister to the Z.Vex “Box of Rock”. It is highly specialized to simulate the “everything on 10” sound of a classic Marshall ® JTM45 non-master-volume amplifier. You may use the Distortron™ effectively with many different amplifiers, but to get the sound I heard when I designed it, try it through an old-school non-master volume Marshall at least once. You may use your guitar’s volume control to adjust for the exact amount of distortion you need, all the way down to very clean and clear with most drive settings when the gain switch is set to “Lo.”
- Drive: The Drive is based on my original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal. That’s why it says “Crackle Okay” by that knob.
- Tone: Adjust for treble content. Start around 2:00 o’clock.
- Vol: Adjust for output volume level. Start around 9:00 o’clock.
- GAIN Switch: “Lo/Hi” lets you choose standard “Box of Rock” gain level or a slightly boosted level.
- SUBS Switch: “2-1-3” lets you choose the full “Box of Rock” sub amount (3) or two different lower levels of subs depending on your amp’s needs.
Condition: These are brand new, fresh from the factory. Vision Guitar is an authorized Zvex Effects dealer.!