ZVEX Vexter Double Rock Overdrive Distortion 2 Box Of Rock Pedals In One
Plug your guitar (or any effect's output) into the right hand input jack. Plug the output into an amp or other effect's input. Rock out. The two separate stomp switches control whether or not the two distinct circuits are engaged. You can select whether or not the circuit is a Distortronª or Super Hard-Onª by way of the DIS / BOOST toggle. When in Distortronª mode, set the subs switch so there's just enough low-end for your amp. Try using your rhythm pickup with the tone control turned all the way down for a vintage bluesy howling lead sound.
Although the five knobs are named for the parameters over which they seem to have the most control, please don't hold me to it. They are controls for various operating levels and biases, and basically shape you a personalized fuzz.
- DRIVE: Sets the amount of distortion in Distortronª mode, and sets the amount of boost in SHO mode. It may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal.
- TONE: Adjust for treble content. Start around 2:00 o'clock. This knob only does stuff in Distortronª mode.
- VOLUME: Adjust for output volume level.
- DIS / BOOST Switch: Changes the circuit from a Distortronª to Super Hard-Onª boost.
- SUBS Switch: '2-1-3' lets you choose the full 'Box of Rock' sub amount (3) or two different lower levels of subs depending on your amp's needs. Only works in Distortronª mode.