ZVEX Vexter Series Box Of Metal - High Gain Distortion
Plug your guitar (or any effect's output) into the right hand input jack. Plug the output into an amp or other effect's input. Enjoy in moderation. Watch the output volume setting... with the gate turned on, you may not notice just how loud the pedal is going to be until you play! Set the clean sound on your amp for any level of pristine cleanliness to heavy crunch. The BOM should do very well driving any amount of nominal distortion. The presence control on your amp will have a strong influence on the top-end texture of your BOM.
- Gate: Adjust for your playing style. When fully clockwise, palm-muting will create an audible thump and bumping the strings will open the gate. Turn down to make the gate tighter. Gate is unaffected by other controls.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion. The BOM does NOT clean up. This control goes from hard to very hard. It may crackle when turned... this is perfectly normal.
- Treble: Adjust for treble content. Use this in tandem with your amp's presence and treble controls to get the precise top-end texture... the presence control is very important on your amp, if you have one.
- Midrange: Adjust to accentuate or scoop out mids. Bass: Sets the bass/sub-bass level.
- Volume: Sets the output volume of the pedal. Note that the LED on the RIGHT is for the BYPASS switch and the LED on the LEFT is for the GATE. The Drive and control is based on my original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal.